nukuu Daily Quote

Jonapello23 posted on Nov 27, 2008 at 01:33AM
Quotes are awesome, and I'd like to give everyone a different quote every day that means something to me. I'll try to stay faithful to this, but I might miss a few days. Here's numero uno--

"How wonderful it is to do nothing, and then rest afterward." Spanish Proverb

Feel free to give feedback or add quotes of your own. Enjoy-

nukuu 489 majibu

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 351-400 of 489

zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita life_rehab said…
“I shall pass through this life but once. Any good therefore that I can do, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it. For I shall never pass this way again.”

Etienne de Grellet
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita Delilah_Scruggs said…
An empty stomach is not a good political adviser.

Albert Einstein
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita lydianm said…
In this life struggle, here I am among you fully cognizant that a true believer has no fear of what God has ordained for him. Those who are visited by fear live only for their present, under the illusion that the world began with them and will end with their departure.

King Hussein I
“The friend in my adversity I shall always treasure most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity.”

Ulysses S. Grant
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita mooimafish17 said…
I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.

Stephen Roberts
I'd move to Los Angeles if New Zealand and Australia were swallowed up by a tidal wave, if there was a bubonic plague in England and if the continent of Africa disappeared from some Martian attack.

RUSSELL CROWE
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Martin Luther King Jr.
A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.

David Brinkley
Defeat is not the worst of failures. Not to have tried is the true failure.

George Edward Woodberry
"Don’t live down to expectations. Go out there and do something remarkable."
Wendy Wasserstein.
last edited zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
I love Los Angeles. I love Hollywood. They're beautiful. Everybody's plastic, but I love plastic. I want to be plastic.

ANDY WARHOL (1928-87)
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita runinghorse said…
Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen.

Albert Einstein
A good film is when the price of the dinner, the theatre admission and the babysitter were worth it.

Alfred Hitchcock
All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.

Charles M. Schulz
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita alismouha said…
I'm not calling Music Listeners stupid,I'm calling teens stupid,And I can do that,cause I'm Twenty,so go fuck yourself.
"Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself."

Harvey Fierstein
Believe that life is worth living and your belief will help create the fact.

William James
I fall in love every time. And I don't really fall in love a lot, but when I do, I fall hard.

Katy Perry
Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it, you'd have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, it takes religion.

Steven Weinberg
For me the Jewish religion like all others is an incarnation of the most childish superstitions.
Albert Einstein
If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for a reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.

Albert Einstein
last edited zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own -- a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human frailty. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotisms.

Albert Einstein
All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward.

Ellen Glasgow
Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.
Chapman Cohen
 Gods are fragile things; they may be killed kwa a whiff of science au a dose of common sense. Chapman
"Now what else is the whole life of mortals but a sort of comedy, in which the various actors, disguised by various costumes and masks, walk on and play each one his part, until the manager waves them off the stage?"

Erasmus
A peace is of the nature of a conquest; for then both parties nobly are subdued, and neither party loser.

William Shakespeare
I don't wait for moods. You accomplish nothing if you do that. Your mind must know it has got to get down to work.

Pearl S. Buck
After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.

Aldous Huxley
All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers.

Francois Fenelon
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita meXico said…
"If you don't know where you are going, you'll end up someplace else."

Yogi Berra
Ants are so much like human beings as to be an embarrassment. They farm fungi, raise aphids as livestock, launch armies into war, use chemical sprays to alarm and confuse enemies, capture slaves, engage in child labour, exchange information ceaselessly. They do everything but watch television.

LEWIS THOMAS (1913-93)
A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song.

Lou Holtz
"Every portrait that is painted with feeling is a portrait of the artist, not of the sitter. The sitter is merely the accident, the occasion. It is not he who is revealed by the painter; it is rather the painter who, on the coloured canvas, reveals himself."

Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much.

Oscar Wilde
A sense of humor is the ability to understand a joke - and that the joke is oneself.

Clifton Paul Fadiman
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

Yogi Berra
All men are created equal, it is only men themselves who place themselves above equality.

David Allan Coe
"Memory's unreliable. Facts, not memories. That's how you investigate. Memory can change the shape of a room, it can change the colour of a car. And memories can be distorted. They're an interpretation, not a record. They're irrelevant if you have the facts."

from Memento(movie)
A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself-and especially to feel, or not feel. Whatever you happen to be feeling at any moment is fine with them. That's what real love amounts to - letting a person be what he really is.

Jim Morrison
I'm not very interested in other planets. I like them where they are, in the sky.

WH AUDEN (1907-73)
A poet is, before anything else, a person who is passionately in love with language.

W. H. Auden
Poetry is man's rebellion against being what he is.

James Branch Cabell
"I give hope to Men, I keep none for myself"

JRR Tolkien
Don't confuse fame with success. Madonna is one; Helen Keller is the other.

Erma Bombeck
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita skypirate said…
"Experience is the name that everyone gives to their mistakes."
Oscar Wilde
All things are difficult before they are easy.

Thomas Fuller
I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.

Albert Camus
A journey is like marriage. The certain way to be wrong is to think you control it.

John Steinbeck
A child sees everything, looks straight at it, examines it, without any preconceived idea; most people, after they are about eleven or twelve, quite lose this power, they see everything through a few preconceived ideas which hang like a veil between them and the outer world.

Olive Schreiner
You can observe a lot by just watching.

Yogi Berra