Game of Thrones And Now My Rewatch Begins: Post-Series Rewatch Commentary

DarkSarcasm posted on May 21, 2019 at 12:28AM
Anyone doing a post-series rewatch?

I am and I kinda wanted a place to ramble about it, sooo welcome to the rewatch forum. =P

Feel free to join in with your own rewatch thoughts, progress updates, or cool things you notice this time around!
 Anyone doing a post-series rewatch? I am and I kinda wanted a place to ramble about it, sooo wel
last edited on May 25, 2019 at 07:01PM

Game of Thrones 271 majibu

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 51-100 of 271

zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita DarkSarcasm said…
"I once brought a jackass and a honeycomb into a brothel..." first appeared in 1x06. XD
 "I once brought a jackass and a asali into a brothel..." first appeared in 1x06. XD
Uh, there were 2 Berics?? Hand Ned just sent "Lord Beric Dondarrion" to hunt down The Mountain for terrorizing villages. I have no memory of this man.
 Uh, there were 2 Berics?? Hand Ned just sent "Lord Beric Dondarrion" to hunt down The Mountain for t
Bibi69 commented…
WHAT? I have no memories of this man either :O zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
Bibi69 commented…
He got brought back so many times, his appearance changed XD zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
Bibi69 commented…
LOL! zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
Shoutout to Ros, who knew What Was Up. She bailed on Winterfell before the war even began 'cause she knew there'd be a Dude Shortage soon. I'm looking forward to seeing her develop this time around.
 Shoutout to Ros, who knew What Was Up. She bailed on Winterfell before the war even began 'cause she
Ranty-cat commented…
I had a huge crush on her! zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
laugh
1x07 is not one of my favorites. But this line is. XD
"I did warn you not to trust me." #surprisemotherfucker
last edited zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
 1x07 is not one of my favorites. But this line is. XD "I did warn wewe not to trust me." #surprisemo
1x08. Soooo Jorah's really pretty in this ep.
 1x08. Soooo Jorah's really pretty in this ep.
1x09. "You will marry one of his daughters." "...did you get a look at his daughters?" XD
 1x09. "You will marry one of his daughters." "...did wewe get a look at his daughters?" XD
"Tell me, did you ever wonder why the men of the Night's Watch take no wives and father no children?"
"No."
"So they will not love. Love is the death of duty. lf the day should ever come when your lord father was forced to choose between honor on the one hand and those he loves on the other, what would he do?"
"He would do whatever was right. No matter what."
"Then Lord Stark is one man in 10,000. Most of us are not so strong. What is honor compared to a woman's love? And what is duty against the feel of a newborn son in your arms? Or a brother's smile?"
"Sam told you."
"We're all human. Oh, we all do our duty when there's no cost to it. Honor comes easy then. Yet sooner or later in every man's life there comes a day when it is not easy. A day when he must choose."
 "Tell me, did wewe ever wonder why the men of the Night's Watch take no wives and father no children?"
Bibi69 commented…
Wow. That's some crazy foreshadowing. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
Ranty-cat commented…
I upendo this dude zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
Tyrion's drinking game makes its first appearance in 1x09.
 Tyrion's drinking game makes its first appearance in 1x09.
crying
"Baelor."
 "Baelor."
1x10. "Or maybe he'll give me yours." YOU GO GIRL
 1x10. "Or maybe he'll give me yours." wewe GO GIRL
Bibi69 commented…
The exact moment I fell in upendo with her character. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
LOL gross, I forgot Cersei was bangin' Lancel too. XD
 LOL gross, I forgot Cersei was bangin' Lancel too. XD
Ranty-cat commented…
This one thing I will never be able to relate with Jaime and that is his eternal upendo for Cersei..... How can wewe feel that for your own sister and especially someone like her......Their incestuous relationships were so complicated for me lol I can somewhat understand their liberal philosophy, but this is just too extreme xD zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
DarkSarcasm commented…
I never identified with Jaime, but I recently took a character chemsha bongo that matched me with him and explained his personality in such detail that everything clicked. I just never made the connection before because I hate Cersei so much. =P But if wewe replace Cersei with literally anyone else (in my case, other fictional characters I upendo who probably aren't meant to be loved), I get it. I totally get it. (It also helps that "sarcastic" and "apathetic" are two of his/our defining qualities. =P) zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
DarkSarcasm commented…
this is a really good quiz, btw! link zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
Ranty-cat commented…
Wow!! I got Jaime too! Omg lol zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
"When you imagine yourself up there, how do you look? Does the crown fit? Do all the lords and ladies simper and bow, the ones who sneered at you for years?"
"lt's hard for them to simper and bow without heads."
I really enjoyed the banter between these creeps. XD
 "When wewe imagine yourself up there, how do wewe look? Does the crown fit? Do all the lords and ladies
That's a wrap on S1.
 That's a wrap, upangaji pamoja on S1.
Ranty-cat commented…
Beginning of the end zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
2x01 "In the ancient books, it's written that a warrior will draw a burning sword from the fire. And that sword shall be Lightbringer. Stannis Baratheon, Warrior of Light, your sword awaits you."

According to the GOT Wiki, "It is unknown what became of the sword after Stannis leaves it behind on the beach at Dragonstone. It was last seen being carried off by Davos Seaworth." Would've been interesting if Lightbringer had remained in play.
 2x01 "In the ancient books, it's written that a warrior will draw a burning sword from the fire. And
Ranty-cat commented…
Guess they kinda forgot zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
2x02. "Well that was unladylike." Y'all are cute. :D
 2x02. "Well that was unladylike." Y'all are cute. :D
Ranty-cat commented…
<3 zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
Bibi69 commented…
God I upendo these two. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
Say no to squidcest.
 Say no to squidcest.
Ranty-cat commented…
Lmfao 😂😂 zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
2x03. What is dead may never die.
 2x03. What is dead may never die.
Ranty-cat commented…
This line always gives me Goosebumps zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
RIP Yoren. You were a Good Dude.
 RIP Yoren. wewe were a Good Dude.
2x04. Grey Wind's sneak-attack on the Lannister soldiers is one of my favorite opening scenes.
 2x04. Grey Wind's sneak-attack on the Lannister soldiers is one of my inayopendelewa opening scenes.
Talisa & Roose Bolton introduced in the same scene. What a delightful episode this is sure to be.
 Talisa & Roose Bolton introduced in the same scene. What a delightful episode this is sure to be.
"The King can do as he likes!" The king can go fuck himself. 10 minutes in and this episode's already been tossed in the "least favorite episode" pile.
 "The King can do as he likes!" The king can go fuck himself. 10 dakika in and this episode's alread
Ranty-cat commented…
Man I hate this prick zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
"I don't like you, Lord Baelish. I don't like your face. I don't like the words that come oozing out of your mouth." I like you, Renly.
 "I don't like you, Lord Baelish. I don't like your face. I don't like the words that come oozing out
"Born amidst salt and smoke? Is he a ham?" #SnarkKing
 "Born amidst salt and smoke? Is he a ham?" #SnarkKing
Bibi69 commented…
R.I.P. Renly. I miss him. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
The shadow-baby thing horrified me the first time around, but now I think it's pretty badass. Still freaky, but badass. XD
 The shadow-baby thing horrified me the first time around, but now I think it's pretty badass. Still
Ranty-cat commented…
I was hoping shadow babies will be deployed in the long night war. Waste of that build up =p zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
DarkSarcasm commented…
I thought she was heading across the sea to bring back a fiery army for the big battle, but nooo. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
2x05. RIP, Snark King.
 2x05. RIP, Snark King.
I'm not really feeling Yara at the moment and if I can't remember where the love usually kicks in. If her final S8 scene has rendered me unable to love her like I used to, I swear to the old gods and the new...
 I'm not really feeling Yara at the moment and if I can't remember where the upendo usually kicks in.
"I dreamt that the sea came to Winterfell. I saw waves crashing against the gates and the water came flowing over the walls It flooded the castle. Drowned men were floating here, in the yard. Ser Rodrik was one of them."
 "I dreamt that the sea came to Winterfell. I saw waves crashing against the gates and the water came
2x06. "Did you hate us the whole time?" I've been looking forward to this episode since the rewatch began. Definitely top 5. Probably top 3. Official order TBD.
 2x06. "Did wewe hate us the whole time?" I've been looking mbele to this episode since the rewatch b
"Gods help you, Theon Greyjoy. Now you are truly lost." This is my favorite scene in the entire series.
 "Gods help you, Theon Greyjoy. Now wewe are truly lost." This is my inayopendelewa scene in the entire serie
This is still such a scary scene. *panics on Arya's behalf*
 This is still such a scary scene. *panics on Arya's behalf*
It's a girl! It's a Wildling! It's a Ygritte!
 It's a girl! It's a Wildling! It's a Ygritte!
"I'm no ordinary woman. My dreams come true."
"I will take what is mine with fire and blood!"
This is 2x06. She'll see the throne in ash in 2x10.
 "I'm no ordinary woman. My dreams come true." "I will take what is mine with moto and blood!" This
"Stop moving."
"I'm just trying to get comfortable."
"STOP IT. You're still moving."
"Was I?"
 "Stop moving." "I'm just trying to get comfortable." "STOP IT. You're still moving." "Was I?"
"Let me send word to my bastard at the Dreadfort." no no no no no no
And then I saw Tonks naked and Harry Potter was ruined.
 And then I saw Tonks naked and Harry Potter was ruined.
I don't remember exactly what happened between these two (the middle seasons are fuzzy to me) but I love that they're getting closer here.
 I don't remember exactly what happened between these two (the middle seasons are fuzzy to me) but I l
Wow, 2x06 was an eventful episode. XD

2x07. "Enjoying your first hunt?"
"So far, hunting seems very similar to riding, My Lord."
"With hunting, there's blood at the end."
 Wow, 2x06 was an eventful episode. XD 2x07. "Enjoying your first hunt?" "So far, hunting seems ve
"Did you pull a knife on me in the night?" You're in for a fun day, Snow. XD
 "Did wewe pull a kisu on me in the night?" You're in for a fun day, Snow. XD
I wish they'd had a better reunion.
 I wish they'd had a better reunion.
"I swear it, Old Master King Crow, ser, we were only close together for warmth. And then I felt it, right up against me backside like a club. I can show you the bruise on me tailbone. And before I knew what was where, his... his... Well, it was all out in the open, all angry as you like. And I didn't want to want it, but oh, I did! And he spread me legs, and ruined! The shame of it! Now I can never marry a perfumed lord! What will me poor savage father say?"
"Turn back around."
"And I thought that we were done, but he said, 'Turn back around.'"

GODS, I've missed her so much. XD
 "I swear it, Old Master King Crow, ser, we were only close together for warmth. And then I felt it, r
"Will you betray her again, Jorah the Andal?"
This would've been such a cool scene to look back on if he'd helped kill her in the end. As was originally planned. As has been adopted as part of link.
 "Will wewe betray her again, Jorah the Andal?" This would've been such a cool scene to look back on i
"Every time a Targaryen is born, the Gods flip a coin." I didn't remember hearing this before, but Cersei said it to Tyrion during their Incest Talk in 2x07.
 "Every time a Targaryen is born, the Gods flip a coin." I didn't remember hearing this before, but Ce
"You are a man without honor."
"Do you know, I've never been with any woman but Cersei. So in my own way, I have more honor than poor old dead Ned. What was the name of that bastard he fathered?"
"Brienne."
"No, that wasn't it. Snow, a bastard from the North. Now, when When good old Ned came home with some whore's baby, did you pretend to love it? No. You're not very good at pretending. You're an honest woman. You hated that boy, didn't you? How could you not hate him? The walking, talking reminder that the honorable Lord Eddard Stark fucked another woman."

One of Jaime Lannister's finest scenes. Calmly taunting in the face of death. Rubbing one of Cat's greatest insecurities in her face. And let's not forget the sarcasm. It's beautiful. XD
 "You are a man without honor." "Do wewe know, I've never been with any woman but Cersei. So in my own
Bibi69 commented…
I think the fact that it's not true actually makes it even funnier XD zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
2x08. "I'm warning you." "Go on, then. Warn me." Ok, I'm warming back up to Yara.

"Don't die so far from the sea." *cries*
 2x08. "I'm warning you." "Go on, then. Warn me." Ok, I'm warming back up to Yara. "Don't die so f
laugh
It Begins.

I think the Annoyance Stage was my favorite. But the Bro Stage was good too. The Post-War thing, though, ugh gross get it away.
 It Begins. I think the Annoyance Stage was my favorite. But the Bro Stage was good too. The Post
2x09. "I shall pray for your safe return, My Lord. Just as I pray for the King's." Oooooh.
 2x09. "I shall pray for your salama return, My Lord. Just as I pray for the King's." Oooooh.
2x10.
"This war has just begun. ✓
It will last for years. ✓
Thousands will die at your command. ✓
You will betray the men serving you. ✓
You will betray your family. ✓
You will betray everything you once held dear. ✓
And it will all be worth it because you are the Son of Fire.
You are the Warrior of Light.
You will sweep aside this pretender and that one.
You will be king."
 2x10. "This war has just begun. ✓ It will last for years. ✓ Thousands will die at your comman
Bibi69 commented…
Oops. XD zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
"I've known you many years, Theon Greyjoy. You're not the man you're pretending to be. Not yet."
"You may be right. But I've gone too far to pretend to be anything else."
*heart sinks through floor*
 "I've known wewe many years, Theon Greyjoy. You're not the man you're pretending to be. Not yet." "Yo
3x01. "I want to fight for the side that fights for the living."
 3x01. "I want to fight for the side that fights for the living."
Qyburn first appeared in 3x01. Robb & Talisa found him. And patched him up. Like idjits.
 Qyburn first appeared in 3x01. Robb & Talisa found him. And patched him up. Like idjits.