Game of Thrones And Now My Rewatch Begins: Post-Series Rewatch Commentary

DarkSarcasm posted on May 21, 2019 at 12:28AM
Anyone doing a post-series rewatch?

I am and I kinda wanted a place to ramble about it, sooo welcome to the rewatch forum. =P

Feel free to join in with your own rewatch thoughts, progress updates, or cool things you notice this time around!
 Anyone doing a post-series rewatch? I am and I kinda wanted a place to ramble about it, sooo wel
last edited on May 25, 2019 at 07:01PM

Game of Thrones 271 majibu

Click here to write a response...
Next

Showing Replies 251-271 of 271

zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita DarkSarcasm said…
7x06. My mission is to decide if this is my first or second favorite episode. It's definitely one of 'em.
 7x06. My mission is to decide if this is my first au sekunde inayopendelewa episode. It's definitely one o
My hearttt.
 My hearttt.
I was really hoping the Arya/Sansa drama would make sense this time around.

Whatever, take me back Beyond the Wall.
 I was really hoping the Arya/Sansa drama would make sense this time around. Whatever, take me back
"You want to suck my dick, is that it?"
"Dick?"
"Cock."
"Ah, dick. I like it."
"Bet you do."
"Nope, it's pussy for me. I have a beauty waiting for me back in Winterfell. If I ever get back there. Yellow hair, blue eyes. Tallest woman you've ever seen. Almost as tall as you."
"Brienne of Tarth?"
"You know her?"
"You're with Brienne of fucking Tarth?"
"Well, not with her yet. But I see the way she looks at me."
"How does she look at you? Like she wants to carve you up and eat your liver?"
"You do know her."

It was a crime that they were not given more screentime together. A CRIME.
 "You want to suck my dick, is that it?" "Dick?" "Cock." "Ah, dick. I like it." "Bet wewe do." "No
I wish this had been a bottle episode. Everything happening south of the wall is boooooring.
 I wish this had been a bottle episode. Everything happening south of the ukuta is boooooring.
I panicked SO HARD when I saw this the first time.
 I panicked SO HARD when I saw this the first time.
Jon, you had a clear path, there is no reason for your ass to NOT be on that damn dragon.
last edited zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
 Jon, wewe had a clear path, there is no reason for your punda to NOT be on that damn dragon.
Arya's a Faceless Man.
Bran's the Three-Eyed Raven.
Jon died once and is now bangin' his aunt.
Congrats, Sansa, you are the only normal Stark.

Also, was this the last time the Faceless Thing was ever mentioned?
 Arya's a Faceless Man. Bran's the Three-Eyed Raven. Jon died once and is now bangin' his aunt. Con
Uh-ohhhh.
 Uh-ohhhh.
7x06. I think this is gonna be it for the rewatch. The first two eps of S8 weren't terrible, but I looked through the caps and there's nothing there I really need to see again. *shrug*

About the Targaryen army: It was mentioned several times that she bought 8,000 Unsullied. The Second Sons were left behind. Jorah said there were 100,000 Dothraki in Vaes Dothrak. Let's be generous and say that half of the Dothraki were warriors, and that the Unsullied - who are formally trained and wear armor - are a little better at self-preservation than the Dothraki... the Dothraki should have still outnumbered the Unsullied by a buttload. The Dothraki were nearly wiped out at Winterfell, and Grey Worm said they lost half of the Unsullied. Which came *after* all these other battles and Harpy Hooker Killings where both groups lost men.

In conclusion, link still seems like way too many soldiers.
 7x06. I think this is gonna be it for the rewatch. The first two eps of S8 weren't terrible, but I
They're in King's Landing. Which is pretty far South. Why are the Dothraki dressed for The Wall?
 They're in King's Landing. Which is pretty far South. Why are the Dothraki dressed for The Wall?
"There's only one war that matters. The Great War. And it is here."

I think this is where the disappointment began. The dead should've been the bigger threat. Instead, the big villains turn out to be a bitchy Wine Mom and a crazy blonde prone to temper tantrums.
 "There's only one war that matters. The Great War. And it is here." I think this is where the disa
Dammit, Hound, you could've ended everything right there by just letting this undead fucker eat Cersei.
 Dammit, Hound, wewe could've ended everything right there kwa just letting this undead fucker eat Cerse
Theon watchin' Jorah creep up on him in my list of favorite characters. XD
 Theon watchin' Jorah creep up on him in my orodha of inayopendelewa characters. XD
*another crack appears in dasm's cold black heart*
 *another crack appears in dasm's cold black heart*
This fight causes equal parts distress and pride.
 This fight causes equal parts distress and pride.
...and then Squid Baby catches his breath, rescues Yara and retakes the Iron Islands, then they live happily ever after. Roll credits on the Greyjoys.
 ...and then Squid Baby catches his breath, rescues Yara and retakes the Iron Islands, then they live
I thought maybe I could get some sense of it this time, but this whole thing is still just... what?

I know what he did. I know what he's done. I know why they want him dead. What I don't get is was this the Stark plan all along, or did the girls realize mid-creepfight that he was trying to turn them against each other? Were those arguments for his benefit? 'Cause those were pretty private. And that big twist where they turn their attention to him after naming "Arya's Crimes" just seems so eyeroll-worthy.

I should've just finished with Beyond the Wall.
 I thought maybe I could get some sense of it this time, but this whole thing is still just... what?
The final Cersei/Jaime fight also felt weird and unnatural.
 The final Cersei/Jaime fight also felt weird and unnatural.
Oh, right, it snowed in King's Landing because Winter Is Here and so is the Army of the Dead but I seem to remember it being sunny in all the S8 scenes. Even before the Night King was defeated.
 Oh, right, it snowed in King's Landing because Winter Is Here and so is the Army of the Dead but I se
And now my rewatch has ended.

I'm gonna be calling "Beyond the Wall" my Series Finale.

Now I'm gonna work on filling out link. (You should too!)

I thought about deleting the forum, since it's 98% me, but as I revealed in my first post, I am incredibly lazy and being able to look back on my series-long commentary will probably save me a lot of hunting next time I need to figure out when something happened or which episode was which. =P

If anyone else wants to keep track of their rewatch, please feel free to do it here! (It's been open for everyone all along, but only one other has done that so far. Just thought I'd remind you. XD)
 And now my rewatch has ended. I'm gonna be calling "Beyond the Wall" my Series Finale. Now I'm