Harry Potter dhidi ya Twilight 1000 Reasons Why Harry Potter Is Better Than Twilight

lauracullen66 posted on Aug 27, 2009 at 01:29PM
just start at one and see if you can get 1000

Harry Potter dhidi ya Twilight 54807 majibu

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 601-650 of 54807

zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita PirateNinja3815 said…
heart
I just wanted to comment on one of the 'reasons' why Twilight is better.

"We have Alice"

1. How does this make Twilight better?

2. If you DO think that she makes Twilight better, so? We have:

Harry
Ginny
Ron
Hermione
Fred
George
Lee Jordan
Viktor
Tonks
Fleur
Bill
Lupin
Sirius
Snape
James
Lily
VOLDEMORT
Bellatrix
Draco
Dudley
LUNA
Lucius Malfoy
The Creevey Brothers
Godric Gryffindor
Salazar Slytherin
Rowena Ravenclaw
Helga Hufflepuff
Dobby
Winky
Barty Crouch Jr.
Cedric
Prof. Flitwick
Kreacher
Ludo Bagman
Fenrir Greyback
Regulus Black
Mrs Weasley
Mr Weasley
Percy Weasley
Charlie Weasley
Fabian Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Mr. Granger
Mrs. Granger
Ollivander
Grindelwald
Gregorovich
Kendra Dumbledore
Ariana Dumbledore
Aberforth Dumbeldore
Ignotus Peverell
Justin Flinch-Fletchy
Ernie Macmillan
Hannah Abbott
Susan Bones
Leanne
Zacharias Smith
Aunt Muriel
Xeno Lovegood
Kingsley Shaklebolt
Igor Karkaroff
Mad-Eye Moody
Stan Shunpike
Teddy Lupin
Lily Luna
Albus Severus
James Sirius
Hugo Weasley
Rose Weasley
Scorpius Malfoy
Victoire Weasley
Dominique Weasley
Louis Weasley
Molly Weasley II
Lucy Weasley
Fred Weasley II
Roxanne Weasley
Gabrielle Delacour
Mrs Delacour
Mr Delacour
Madame Maxine
Katie Bell
Oliver Wood
Binky the Rabbit
Rita Skeeter
Angelina Johnson
Alicia Spinnet
Cormac McLaggen
Lavender Brown
Roger Davies
Padma Patil
Parvati Patil
Seamus
Dean
Neville
Dumbledore
Prof. McGonagall
Prof. Sprout
GILDEROY LOCKHART
Madam Pomfrey
Madam Pince
Filch
Prof. Binns
Nearly-Headless Nick
The Grey Lady
The Bloody Baron
The Fat Friar
Peeves
Trelawney
Hagrid
Slughorn
Fawkes
Hedwig
Firenze
Arnold the Pygmy Puff
Grawp
Aragog
Venemous Tentecula <-- heh heh

and HEAPS of others who are just as good as Alice.
last edited zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita LoveforSeverus said…
lovedraco123
1241. Harry Potter teaches us about love, bravery, friendship, how good conquers evil, how women should be independent. Twilight teaches us:
1) Teenage pregnancy is okay.
2) Marrying at 18 is okay.
3) Having a boyfriend who watches you sleep is okay.
4) And if he's not there to watch you sleep, jump off a cliff.

about number 3... when he first started to watch her sleep he wasn't even her boyfriend. Just some hot guy at school. Am I the only person who finds that disturbing, at the least?
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita LilysLittleTwin said…
Pirateninja: TRUE THAT!

LoveforSeverus: No, that's way creepy. At least to me and you. (Don't bug me about my grammar habits)
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita piperlovegood said…
sick
The books are easier to get into they start out smaller and get bigger slowly (with exception of 4 and 5 which by then you you don't care because you love it.) Twilight books are all about the same leanth seems daunting if you a person who doesn't read much and have to get in to the series
Pirateninja SO true!!! I mean, Trelawney can predict the future and is crazy. how AWESOME is that?!?!
LilysLittleTwin don't worry i won't. I can't spell for anything so maybe we will just have to help eachother on this one...
Awesome.

zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita haropuff95 said…
big smile
PirateNinja3815,Y.O.U. A.R.E. A.W.E.S.O.M.E.!!!!!XD
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita snapeislove said…
mischievous
PirateNinja3815, how could you possibly name all those?? youre the man!
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita LoveDraco123 said…
cool
LoveForSeverus, that is extremely creepy. But he did watch her sleep even after they started going out. So.. =P

And PirateNinja3815, I'm adding you to my fan list right now. Lool. That was AWESOME!
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita dobbyssocks said…
PIrateninja3815. thats sweet, i think you have almost everyone, but i also like buckbeack and Madeye. i dont think they are on your amazing list. BUt i could be wrong

LoveforSeverus: I totally agree
LoveDraco123 yeah but he still stood over her and watched her sleep before. And if he never has to sleep then why can't he do something perductive while watching her? Like homework or cleening her room?
Yeah. The above comment is totally right! ^^
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita ZestalgicZoee said…
Team Twilight !
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita GoldenFairy said…
1261. Robert Pattinson's character in Twilight leaves and his girlfriend is an absolute mess - she's almost suicidal! Robert Pattinson's character in Harry Potter dies and his girlfriend although weepy eventually gets over it.

1262. There are plenty of characters to dress up as and you'll be instantly recognisable! How do you dress up as a Twilight character? Put on white foundation and body glitter?

1263. There's much more at stake in Harry Potter. I wouldn't have cared if Bella died - well I was disappointed she didn't but in Harry Potter they have to protect the whole wizarding world.

1264. Forks is dull ad drab whereas Hogwarts is beautiful and vivid. In the films Hogwarts is more pleasing to see.

1265. I hoped the film version of Twilight was different to the book, I hoped they kept Harry Potter as close to the original as possible.

1266. There are lines in Harry Potter which are funnier or sadder or more meaningful than the whole Twilight Series.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita GoldenFairy said…
1267. JKR has got the balance between writing for herself and for an audience just right.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita DracoFanGirl said…
ZestalgicZoee: Now, if you could just support your answer...

1268: You start to love the characters in the book. Like, Severus. He's total love. For many reasons...

I'll try to name characters....

Lavendar Brown
Neville Longbottom
Fred Weasley
George Weasley
Mr. Weasley
Mrs. Weasley
Lily Evans/Potter
James Potter
James Sirius
Lily Luna
Hugo Weasley
Scorpius
Draco
Pansy
Crabbe
Goyle
Lupin
Sirius
Mad-Eye
Hagrid
Dumbledore
McGonagall
Flitwick
Harry Potter
Ron weasley
Hermoine Granger
Parvati Patil
Padma Patil
Ginny Weasley
Buckbeak
Arnold the Pygmy Puff
Peter Pettigrew
Severus Snape (<3)
Bellatrix Lestrange
Regulus Black
Fenir Greyback
Percy Weasley
Bill Weasley
Charlie Weasley
Fleur
Krum
Cho
Yaxley
Ted tonks
Nymphadora Tonks
Dean
Seamus
Mrs. Black
Kreacher
Dobby
Winky
Barty Crouch
Barty Crouch Jr.
Ludo Bagman
Cedric
Cormac McLaggen
Millicent
Voldemort/ Tom Riddle
Lucius Malfoy
Grawp
Hedwig
Pigwidgeon
Crookshanks
Cornelius Fudge
Umbridge
Scrimgeor
Dawlish
Shacklebolt
Quirrel
Nicholas Flamel
Gilderoy Lockhart
Lee Jordan
Agelina
Katie Bell
Aragog
Fluffy
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita dracos_cutie3 said…
Harry Potter characters aren't stalkers. Edward watched Bella sleep and snuck through her window at night! Can you say creeper??

The HArry Potter books had depth and an original plot. Twilight was a CLICHE ALL THE WAY TO THE END!!!

The only reason people see the Twilight movies are to see the Hott guys with 8 packs (TAYLOR LAUTNER IN OTHER WORDS)

HArry POtter is a classic novel and will be around forever. Twilight is just temporary.

Harry Potter is British!! Can you say awesome accents??

You just have to love Harry Potter. If you hate it you must be inhuman. (like a vampire which it seems like everyone is anymore. rolls eyes)

HArry potter reaches out to children, adults, girls, AND boys. Twilight seems to only attract crazy teen girls. I don't think I've met a boy yet that LOVED reading a sappy young adult vampire romance novel.

I guarantee that there will be a bigger crowd at the final release of Deathley Hallows part one and two than at the release of Breaking Dawn.

Twilight movies just keep coming out....6 months apart. The great part of HArry POtter is being able to get excited when you find out the release date of the next movie. I walked out of New MOON and saw a poster for eclipse due to come out in like June. Whats the excitement in that??

HArry Potter is just bigger and better. there are t-shirts, fanfictions, Musicals, costumes, action figures, etc. etc.

J.K planned out her story. She didn't just have dream one night and think "oh i think I'll write a 4 book series with no plot about this dream"

One line in the Harry Potter series, beats out every sentence said in all 4 books in the Twilight series.

the names in twilight are so generic. Edward? Jacob? LAuren? mike? Emily? Charlie? Bella? lets try some interesting names here hermione Granger, draco, lucius, and Narcissa MAlfoy, Bellatrix Lestrange, Dumbledore, Rodolphus Lestrange, Lord Voldemort, Sirius Black, Severus Snape, Minerva McGonagall, Sybill Trelawney, the list goes on and on.

there are more twilight haters than fans.

the HArry Potter actors....can act.

The connection you feel to the characters is real. When something bad happens to someone you want to cry. When something bad happens to Bella or anyone else in that series you want to laugh.
hmmm
a bit hash Draco but so true especially the audiance part. I ONLY know two guys who like Twilight one is the gayest straight dude I know(I know he's straight we're engaged)and he's a hopless romantic the other I haven't figured out let. All the other guys I know who went to see the movie was b/c their girls dragged them to it. I don't see a ten year old boy like these books or films but I can see a 7 year old boy or girl loving Harry Potter.
1295: When you find out the title: Harry Potter and the ... you always wonder. What is the Order of the Phionox, Who is the Half Blood Prince? What are the Deathly Hallows? it's like a trailer for a book! When you find out the next title before the book comes out you have enough to tide you over already debating what the book is going to be about. Twilight series doesn't give you shit.
1296.Harry Potter & the Half-Blood Prince ranked number 1 in 2oo9 film worldwide chart,Twilight Saga:New Moon is sixth,need to say more?

1297.Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince has grossed over $920 million,making it the 8th-highest-grossing film in history, Twilight Saga is 42nd."Edward & Bella are more famous than Harry,Ron & Hermione",which rock-owners said that?Did Edward & Bella ever make it to top 1o?I don't think so,WIZARDS RULE!GO GOLDEN TRIO,DEFEAT THE SPARKLY COUPLE!!!

1298.Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone ranked 5th in the top 5o highest-grossing film of all-time-list.I don't see the first Twilight movie in the list though.invisible much?

1299.HP & The Order of the Phoenix is 7th,Goblet of Fire is 13th,Prisoner of Azkaban is 24th,Chamber of Secrets is 16th,Half Blood Prince as already mentioned,8th.

13oo[YES!].Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone is the highest grossing film in 2oo1.Goblet of Fire in 2oo5.Half-Blood Prince in 2oo9.Wow!what happened to the "2oo9:Twilight Saga drove away Harry Potter"?
here is the list-link
piperlovegood-you are so right about the titles *thumbs up*.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita LoveDraco123 said…
cool
Whoa, haropuff95, how much research did you do? That's AWESOME! xD
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita topez99 said…
1301.Did anyone say that we have Wizard Rock? DOES TWILIGHT HAVE VAMPIRE ROCK? XD
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita ennie03 said…
1301. What exactly was the POINT of Eclipse ? I'd like to know.
1302. My friends and I read the Twilight series JUST so we'd be able to make fun of it and not be called hypocrites.
1303. Here is an... interesting quote from our lovely Twifans.
"i LOVE teh series bcuz it is sO romantic! edwerd is te man of my DREEMS! butt i liek Carlizzle mor! lol! u beter wach out, Ezme. i am cuming 2 get u! but in al seriesniss, this is a much better bok than hary potty (lol) cuz those are BORING!!!1! hary just haz majic, and ho wants tat? ther is no reason 2 reed te books unless you are britiss, ad i am not! lol! i wish i had a vampir baby like renesme! carlizzle for eternity!"
Woah there.
1.Please. I beg you. Speak correct english. You're just as bad as SMeyer.
2. I thought Carlisle was said "Car-Lie-Ile", not "Car-li-zzle"
3. What's with all the Zs?
4. Just magic ? Harry Potter has a whole entire WORLD. I don't think Washington, is considered a made up world.
5. I'm not "britiss". Now that's just being racist.
6. So you want to throw your life away for a stalker, get married and have children at 18, with the possibility you'll die?
7. For the last time, STALKING isn't ROMANCE.

cool
to harropuff: Oh my goodness you must've done your research! Thats amazing! and ennie: i've given up on the hope that any Twitard will ever have proper grammer/ever make sence in one of their comments. And i've also given up on trying to teach them that STALKING isn't ROMANCE. Edward and Bella are in LUST not LOVE. Severus's feelings for Lily were LOVE. Harry and Ginny's feelings for eachother were LOVE. Ron and Hermione's (spelling?) feelings for eachother were LOVE. And did Severus/Harry/Ron ever watch Lily/Ginny/Hermionie sleep? Yeah didn't think so.
I hate leaving comment after comment but i have a question: didn't KStew get cought with pot or we at least know she does it? Because if she does then thats so ironic. Twitards call Harry Potter "Harry Pothead"... they should be looking at their leading lady
1305: Rowling creates a world that leads to much more: Potter Puppet Pals, Wizard Rock, fan bases...

1306: There's not a single sparkling fairy princess in HP...unless you count the pixies or faries themselves...

1307: HP fans don't pick their favorites based off looks. Not that they're not good looking...

1308: People seem to forgot Rob Pattinson's name is NOT Edward Cullen. for example:
My cousin was straightening my hair. She put on HP & GoF. her reason: "Oh! Edward Cullen's in this one!" Yeah, so is Severus, and he can beat Eddykins with a lazy flick of a wand... I'd rather have the 'deadly stick' than the guy who sparkles...
DracoFanGirl: (about 1308) WHAT?! SHE CALLED HIM EDWARD?! I would have slapped her a new face! And that is so true. Severus is 10,000 times better than Edweird. (sorry, fangirl moment here)
LilysLittleTwin: Well, I was going to slap her, but when you have two hot plates in your hair... I stomped on her foot and corrected her, though. Severus pwns, Eddykins would NOT stand a chance. I LIVE in fangirl moments....

1309: Harry Potter fans don't get into huge debates about characters.

1310: The acters/actresses actually LIKE their characters.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita Pensieve_Seeker said…
The official box office total for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince is actually $934,559,990.
laugh

I just found an annoying thing on my Yahoo Isabelle is the number one baby girl name of the year but on the plus side Emma is number one of the decade.

link
smile
1311.Harry Potter has awesome quotes & sayings by the characters when some outsider people read,they'll know that the quotes have something to do with HP & just sound simply AMAZING.The quotes are also original & turn out to be useful one day in the series. Example-"However,you will find that I will only truly have left this school when none here are loyal to me.You will also find that help will always be given at Hogwarts to those who ask for it."- Albus Dumbledore.Turn out the quote is true,right?
\
LoveDraco123-thank you^^,actually not much,but I'll come back with more if I can find^^

LoveforSeverus-hihi,thanks!this is not much enough,I'll go looking more!

Pensieve_Seeker-yes,I know.But I didn't state the full number of it,I just write "over $92o".Thank you for correcting me,my mistake.^^
DracoFanGirl: You have a good point about the hair thing. They are becoming more frequent for me...

piperlovegood: Wow, subtract two letters and that's my name.
blush
I was mainly just referring to crazy fan girls naming their kids after characters/actors. There's nothing wrong with any of the names. or naming you kid after someone your a fan of. My names Amanda and my parents named me after a song in the mid eighties so...sorry if I offended you didn't mean to.

1312:It took me about 30 minutes to read the first chapter of the Harry Potter seires and I couldn't read the first chapter of Twilight in an hour(just a little more than half) because I was so board with it. (I'm a REALLY slow reader.)
1313. (inspired by above) I read the whole Harry Potter series in about one and a half weeks. It was so exciting! I read 'Twilight' in one day, 'New Moon' in three, and I didn't finish 'Eclipse', but what I did read took me about three days in itself. One-sided much?

You didn't offend me. But it's stupid if that's all you need to name your kid. 'That's the name of my fave. character!' SO FREAKING WHAT? You should worry about whether or not they'll be okay with the name before you automatically pick the name of Bella Swan.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita ennie03 said…
1314. Harry Potter fans don't try and name their child after a whiny Mary Sue. 'Nuff said.
1315. (This is kind of going off of LilysLittleTwin) But I read Twilight because of the bandwagon. I figured "everyone else loves it so i sould too" so i read it. I got bored but still wanted to be apart of everyones conversations because they talked of nothing else. But my mom had been reading Harry Potter and said it was amazing. So one night I picked up the first book and one page in I had my head burried in it! Mom had to rip the book out of my hands to get me to go to bed that night (and it was about 1am by then). Harry Potter is just better.
1316 (aspired by LoveforSeverus's comment): I read about a page of Twilight, and it felt like my IQ went down. Most nights I stay up to like 2 am to read HP/watch the movies.

1317: The characters have BACK STORIES,PERSONALITIES, AND HISTORY. All of them. Yes, the Severus-is-lame people, even he has a backstory and history and personality.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita ashtav123 said…
1318. The characters have lives!

And... I just read Twilight 'cuz most of my class did. The scary part of that is that out of 29 of us, only 2 other people agree with me on the fact that Twilight's dumb.
1319: Read the reviews on HP in the books. They are enoguh prove to say that we're better.

Listening to The Bravest Man I Ever Knew <3

Severus said take it, take it!
Living in disguise
A true wizard on the inside
Not afraid of what he had to do
The Bravest man I ever knew
Yay! I need to go lok up that song again...

I have given you a name,
One that shows, you can always change,
No matter the way or mistake you've made.
'Cause sometimes consequences define your life...with hardship.
Will goodness be the banner you raise?
'Cause with his last breath,
Severus said 'Take it, take it...'!
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita misscherryblack said…
well this is interesting. cant we just get along? i mean leave the twidorks alone they use it as an escape. i like twilight but love harry potter. Sirius is the best. i use HP as an escape. HP is better written because it does give you more info about some of the characters not all. but thats just my two cents nobody has to listen to me.
1320: Twilight has about...5 couples? I read a few pages, mind you... HP has:
Harry x Ginny
Harry x Cho
Ron x Lavendar
Ron x Hermoine
Severus x Lily
James x Lily
Remus x Nymphadora
Mrs Weasley x Mr Weasley
Hagrid x Madam Maxime...
1321: we have more to debate about among one another.
(inspired by DracoFanGirl)

A:Snape: good or evil
B:The Malfoys: Evil or just mean
C:More debateable shippings: Harry and Ginny, Hermione, Cho, Luna, Draco and those are just the main ones and EVERY main character has the same number of possible combos.
D: Which house is better

And probably even more: what does Twilight have other than Edward v.s Jacob
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita misscherryblack said…
tongue
well I saw this and again I wanna say somethings

A}Snape: I saw he WAS evil but then when Voldemort went after Lily he became good to honor her
B]The Malfoys: both
D}Griffindore
1322.the first HP movie was a success,the first Twilight movie was...

1323.the first HP novel was rejected by 8 agents but Twilight was rejected by 14 agents

1324.Harry Potter is ranked first in the list of best-selling book series which claim of at least 100 million copies while Twilight is 2nd in list of best-selling book which claims between 50 million and 100 million copies.HP series sold MORE THAN 4OO MILLION copies including Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them,Quidditch Through the Ages and Tales of Beedle the Bard.Twilight series sold 85 million only.mathematics anyone?
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita LunaIsLove said…
With the books, you waited in anticipation and could read and reread the previous books to try and figure out what was going to happen next. (RAB for example) Besides their were little clues all over the place that foreshadowed a great many things that would happen later .

In addition, I took an astronomy class so that I could understand and try to figure out the characters since their names reflect their personality. (Regulus- the heart of the Lion, Sirius- Dog Star, ect)

On a side note, Reread Deathly Hallows last night. Took 12-14 hours because i wouldnt put it down and this is the 3rd time i have read it. Plan on reading it again later this week.
LunaIsLove: I'm still not done with DH. Just finished 'The Prince's Tale' chapter...
DracoFanGirl and LilysLittleTwin when i saw those lyrics i nearly cried! Thanks guys! lol jk i really love that song. And DracoFanGirl I've read that chapter each day this week. That and pages 656-658 because, although they're the saddest, i still love them.